Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2018:
- January 9, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- July 10, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: November 13,, 2018
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:08 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O’Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m November 7, 2018 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford
2. Marvin Lewis and Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist were unable to attend due to road conditions, to give written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during August 2018 (see attachment “A”) He also gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Clinton NRCS office to DCCD producers during August 2018 (see attachment “B”). Mr. Benton also introduced new NRCS Conservationist Mr. Marvin Lewis who will be in the Clinton office.
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans- none
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above –none
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for October 9, 2018 -Motion made by Mr. Frymire, seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to approve October 9, 2018 minutes. Those voting ayes were: Wright, Frymire, N. Miller and O’Daniel. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for Special Board Meeting October 18, 2018. Motion was made by Mr. Miller, seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to approve October 18 minutes. Those voting ayes were; N. Miller, Frymire, Wright and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet – performance worksheet for October, 2018 was signed by Shane O'Daniel chairman and forwarded to Marvin Lewis and Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b.State Funded Cost Share Program '19- All alternate applications have been signed and money allocated. DCCD had a carryover of $1658.20
5c. Cobb Creek Site 1, 2 and 3 Watershed Inspections- George Moore OCC Watershed personnel, along with DCCD Director Nathan Miller and District Manager Larry Bryen will inspect Watersheds on November 15.
5d. Open House-Motion was made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Frymire, and carried; to schedule Open House December 11, 2018 from 11:00 am-1;00 pm, with monthly Board Meeting moved from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Those voting ayes were N. Miller, Frymire, Wright and O'Daniel.
5e. OACD Area Meeting Winners-Winners for the OACD Area Poster Contest were: 1st Place Division 13 BreeAnna Roseberry WHS, 2nd Place Division 2 Hynlee Hart TFC, 2nd Place Division 3 Harlequin Lloyd TFC and 2nd Place Division 6 Charles Miller TFC. Outstanding Director was awarded to Larry Wright of the DCCD.
5f. Water Testing Sponsor for Area FFA Chapters- Discussion was held on DCCD sponsoring Blue Thumb Water Testing for area FFA chapters.
Page 2 of 3 – Minutes – Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Director’s Meeting 9/11/18
5g. Calendars and Pens- Motion was made by Mr. Frymire and seconded by Mr. Miller and carried; to order 150 Pens and 150 Stickup Calendars for give a ways at Open House. Those voting ayes were Wright, O'Daniel, Miller and Frymire.
5h. Teacher Appreciation Awards- Motion was made by Mr. Frymire and seconded by Mr. Miller and carried; to Award and Recognize Teachers and there Spouse's who had students involved with OACD Poster Contest. Teachers would be recognized at the Outstanding Stewards of the Land Banguet in April. Those voting ayes were Wright, N. Miller, Frymire and O'Daniel.
5i. Ideas for upcoming Quarterly Newsletter- Discussion was held about possible ideas of including info about Open House, Spring Cover Crops and Vegetable Seed.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for October 2018 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and acounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for October 2018 and Mr. O'Daniel Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for October 2018 are filed audit. Motion made by Mr.Frymire, seconded by Mr. Wright and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of August 2018. Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by mr. Wright and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for October 2018 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, Frymire, Wright and O'Daniell.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- OACD Board Meeting 10/10/18, National Conservation Planning Partnership Teleconference 10/12/18, Oklahoma Association of RC&D Councils 10/16/18, DCCD Audit Board Meeting 10/18/18, Poster Award Presentation at East and West Elementary 10/29/18, State Capital Senete Committee on Ag and Wildlife Cedar Study 11/8/18 OACD Area IV Meeting 11/6/18
O'Daniel- Poster Award Presentation at East and West Elementary 10/29/18, DCCD Audit Board Meeting 10/18/18
N. Miller- Poster Award Presentation TFC Elementary 10/31/18, DCCD Audit Board Meeting 10/18/18, OACD Area IV Meeting 11/6/18
Frymire- OACD Area IV Meeting 11/6/18
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of October 2018 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mr. Miller, seconded by Mr. Frymire, and carried; for adjournment. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, Wright and O'Daniel
Next regular board meeting to be held is on December 11, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Mike Shultz Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Jimmy Emmons, OACD Pres. Ken Hart, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for July 2018
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O’Daniel- Chairman Larry Bryen- District Manager
Larry Wright- Vice Chairman
Nathan Miller, Member
Tim Frymire, Member
Agency Reps Present: District Directors Absent:
Mark Benton, NRCS .Bertha Miller
Jean Lemmon, OCC Water Quality
Stan Rice-Rice Environmental LLC
Doug Rose, CCCD District Mgr. /servicing & repair work on DCCD equipment