Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: April 9th, 2019
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:02 a.m.-9:48 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O’Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m April 3, 2019 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford
2. Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during March 2019 (see attachment “A”)
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried to go into executive session to view sealed bids on sprigger at 8:15. Those voting ayes were; Miller, Wright and O'Daniel. Motion made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright and carried to award the sealed bid to Kendall Terrel. Those voting ayes were; Miller, Wright and O'Daniel. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried to reconvene in open session at 8:27. Those voting ayes were; Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for March 12, 2019 -Motion made by Mr.Wright, seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to approve March 12, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for March 2019 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. Outstanding Stewards of the Land Banquet- Directors were made aware of banquet and their duties.
5c. Newsletter- New colored newsletter was presented at meeting and to be handed out at banquet.
5d. Conservation Day at the Capitol- Discussion was held on how many directors needed to attend, and Mr. Wright noted that first meeting and award presentation would be in Room 535 of the Capitol.
5e. Custer County Land Judging Contest- County land judging contest will be held April 11 in Clinton.
5f. Outdoor Classroom- District Manager discussed that everything was on track for outdoor classroom April 25. The only thing needed is volunteer help in directing students and helping with lunch.
5g. Polo Shirts for Directors- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; to order polo shirts for district directors and associate directors, with our logo embroidered on them. Those voting ayes were; Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for March 2019 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and accounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for March 2019 and Mr. O'Daniel Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for February 2019 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of March 2019. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for March 2019 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- 3/11-14/19 NACD Washington DC fly-in, met with all legislative delegation, 3/15/19 Teleconference- National Conservation Planning Partnership, 34/15/19 NACD South Central Region Planning Committee, 3/22/19 Assisted Oklahoma Renewable Energy Education Program with Promoting Workshop, 3/26-27/19 OACD Leadership Class Elk City, 3/30/19 Met with Producers of the "Hairy Bikers Show" discussed Conservation and the Dust Bowl, 4/1/19 Oklahoma Conservation Commission Meeting, 4/1/19 Pickup and Distribute Vegetable and Flower Seeds to District Employee, 4/8/19 Oklahoma Wildlife and Prairie Heritage Alliance Meeting Boiling Springs State Park.
O'Daniel- Sorted and Distributed Seed Packets, Setup Soil Health Workshop with Dr. Castle from SWOSU and Brett Peshke Green Cover April 19th 1-4 pm., Worked one on one with area farmers developing cover crop mixes, Helped cooperator with no-till drill, Webinars over cover crop innovators with Steve Groff, Met with Michael Hartman WPS Counselor about volunteers, Met with FFA Advisor Phillip Majors about FFA student volunteers, Met with H&C about donations for DCCD activities.
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of March 2019 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; for adjournment. Those voting ayes were: Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
Next regular board meeting to be held is on May 14, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Jimmy Emmons, OACD Pres. Ken Hart, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for July 2018
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O’Daniel- Chairman Larry Bryen- District Manager Keenan Taylor
Larry Wright- Vice Chairman Jarrod Burton
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS