Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: October 8, 2019
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:04 a.m.-9:52 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O'Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m October 2, 2019 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford.
1a. Review of DCCD's Compilation by CPA, Glen McCulley and McCulley. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to accept and approve DCCD Compilation report. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Taylor, Wright and O'Daniel.
2. Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during August 2019 (see attachment “A”).
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans-
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above-
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for September 10, 2019 -Motion made by Mr. Wright, seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to approve September 10, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for September 2019 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. Groundwater Screening Test, October 15- DCCD will be testing approximately 60 samples, all samples need to be turned in by end of day October 14 and results will be available October 15.
5c. OACD Area IV Meeting, November 7, Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Fort Cobb, OK- It is strongly recommended that all board members attend. Board member Keenen Taylor will present DCCD Lightening Talks Presentation.
5d. Soil Health Initiative Work Group (SHIWG) Cost/Share Program Year 21- District Conservationist Mark Benton and District Manager Larry Bryen discussed the amount and percentage of cost/share and the two conservation practices that would be available 340 Cover Crop and 550 Range Planting.
5e. DCCD opening up a one year associate director position to be filled by a member of the Weatherford Chamber of Commerce, in doing so we could increase the visibility and purpose of DCCD.- Board member Keenen Taylor will visit with Weatherford Chamber of Commerce and report back at the November meeting.
5f. 2020 Insurance Coverage for District Directors, Enrollment period October 1- October 31- Board members were made aware of insurance coverage possibilities.
5g. DCCD Grazing 101 Workshop- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to move November 12, board meeting to Western Technology Center with Board meeting at 8:00 am and concluding at 9:30 am. At conclusion of meeting DCCD will be hosting a Grazing 101 Workshop put on by Oklahoma Grazing Coalition from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5h. State Funded Cost/Share 2019- Board was informed that all 2019 Cost/Share's were complete and funded.
5i. Review Equipment Rental Cost- Motion made by Mr. Taylor and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to increase rental rate of Grasslander Drill to $8.00/acre. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for September 2019 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and accounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for September 2019 and Mr. O'Daniel, Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for September 2019 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of September 2019. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Taylor and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for September 2019 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
8a. Was announced that Board Member and State OACD President Larry Wright has been named a National Soil Health Champion.
8b. Update was given about Districts Poster Contest
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- 9/19/19 Farmers Market- Pollinator Display and Seed Sales, 9/13/19 Teleconference National Conservation Planning Partnership, 9/20/19 Teleconference NACD- Urban and Community Agriculture, 10/1/19 OACD Board Meeting. 10/7/19 Oklahoma Conservation Commission Meeting.
Taylor- Applied for Next Generation Leadership Institute 2020, and has progressed to the second round.
O'Daniel- Has been selected to attend Noble Foundation's "Road to Soil Health"
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of September 2019 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Taylor, and carried; to adjourn Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting at 9:52 a.m. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
Next regular board meeting to be held is on November 12, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Larry Wright, OACD Pres. Matt Braun, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for June 2019
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O'Daniel Chairman Larry Bryen, District Manager
Larry Wright Sec/Treas
Keenen Taylor- Member
Bertha Miller- Member
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS
Brandon Taylor, NRCS