Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2020:
- January 14, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- August 11, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 13, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- December 8, 2020
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: March 10, 2020
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:02 a.m.-9:15 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O'Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m March 4, 2020 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford.
2. Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during March 2020 (see attachment “A”).
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans-
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above-
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for February 11, 2020 -Motion made by Mr. Miller, seconded by Mr. Frymire, and carried; to approve February 11, 2020 minutes. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for February 2020 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. Crabgrass Seminar, March 12, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm SWOSU Business Enterprise Center- Board was reminded and brought up to date on seminar.
5c. State Funded Cost Share Program 22- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; for DCCD follow the following criteria and steps in State Funded Cost Share 22
1. Is your district participating in the current program year? YES
2. Are local board members allowed to make application in local program? NO
3. Designate the authorized district representative? SHANE O'DANIEL
4. Designate the technical representative? MARK BENTON
5. Review the conservation practices listed and approve practices DCCD will offer? Cover Crop,
DIVERSION, BRUSH MANAGEMENT, RANGE PLANTING, CRITICAL ARE PLANTING,
FORAGE and BIOMASS PLANTING, WATER WELL.
6. Establish cost/share(%)and maximum cost/share payment amount? 75% or $5000.00
7. Establish specific local eligibility and ranking criteria that will be approved by OCC and used
to select successful applicants of the DCCD. HIGH PRIORITY: Cover Crop, Range Planting,
MEDIUM PRIORITY: Diversion, Critical Area Planting, Forage and Biomass Planting, LOW
PRIORITY: Brush Management, Water Well
8. Establish application period and how program will be advertised locally. APPLICATIONS
TAKEN MARCH 12-MARCH 26, ADVERTISED IN WEATHERFORD DAILY NEWS
STATING APPROVED PRACTICES and HAVING THE AVAILABILITY OF TWO PLANTING
Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Wright, Miller and O'Daniel.
5d. District Director Appointed Position (Wright)- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Frymire, and carried; to reappoint Larry Wright as a District Director. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Miller and O'Daniel.
5e. District Director Elected Position (O'Daniel) set Dates of Publishing Notices and Filling Period- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to Publish Notice of Board Filing in the Weatherford Daily News and Thomas Tribune, and to be Published twice on the Dates April 7-15. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Wright, Miller and O'Daniel.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for February 2020 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and accounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for February 2020 and Mr. O'Daniel, Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for February 2020 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were Frymire, Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of February 2020. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for February 2020 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
8a. Pollinator Garden in City of Weatherford- Discussion was held about Associate Directors Kodi Fleming and Haley Kliewer working with the City of Weatherford in developing a Pollinator Garden.
10a. Directors’ reports –
O'Daniel- 2/6/20 DCCD Farmers Market Organizational Meeting and Backyard Gardening Workshop, 2/17/20 Tour Pasture Land of Sara Bullis with Oklahoma Grazing Land Coalition, 2/23-24/20 OACD State Meeting and Soil Health Workshop
Wright- 1/17/20 Teleconference Urban and Community Agriculture, 1/17/20 Teleconference National Conservation Planning Partnership, 1/21/20 Oklahoma Association of Resource Conservation and Development Councils OKC, 1/28/20 Meeting with Nature Conservancy, 1/31/20 Teleconference NCPP, 2/6/20 DCCD Farmers Market Organizational Meeting and Backyard Gardening Workshop, 2/7-14/20 NACD Meeting Las Vegas, 2/15/20 AFR Banquet Norman, OK, 2/19/20 Department of Defense, Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration Workshop, Tulsa, OK, 2/23-25/20 OACD State Meeting and Soil Health Workshop, 1/27/20 Plant Elderberries
Frymire- 2/25/20 OACD State Meeting and Soil Health Workshop
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of February 2020 and workshops conducted and number of attendees
12. Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Frymire and carried; to adjourn Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting at 9:15 a.m. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, Miller, Wright and O'Daniel.
Next regular board meeting to be held is on April 14, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Larry Wright, OACD Pres. Matt Braun, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for June 2019
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O'Daniel Chairman Larry Bryen RL Dalrymple
Nathan Miller Vice Chair Kodi Fleming
Larry Wright, Sec/Treas Haley Kliewer
Tim Frymire Member
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS
Brandon Taylor, NRCS