Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: February 12, 2019
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:00 a.m.-9:47 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O’Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m February 6, 2019 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford
2. Mark Benton and Marvin Lewis, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during January 2019 (see attachment “A”)
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to go into executive session to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans for: CSP Applicants- Eric Eyster and Nathan Taylor.
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above –went into executive session at 8:05 a.m., Board stated that those present could stay.
c. Board re-entered Open Session at 8:08 a.m.- Motion made by Mr. Frymire, seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; to approve contract, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans for: CSP Applicants- Eric Eyster and Nathan Taylor.
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for January 8, 2019 -Motion made by Mr. Frymire, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve January8, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: Wright, Frymire, B. Miller, N. Miller` and O’Daniel. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes of Special Board Meeting for January 29, 2019, Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to approve January 29, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Frymire and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for January 2019 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. State Funded Cost/Share Program '19- All 2019 money has been allocated, with DCCD having a carryover of $1,658.20.
5c. DCCD Long Range Plan- Discussion was held on criteria and ideas shared at the special LRP board meeting January 29, 2019. Board members were given handouts over Custer County conservation inventory needs, and social, economic and demographic data. This material will help board members construct a Long Range Plan that is beneficial to all cooperators. Board members were also given a set of questions to discuss with cooperators and community members in their areas. Directors will report back answers and thoughts at the March 12, board meeting.
5d. 1st quarter Newsletter- Board has discussed making the quarterly newsletter color rather than the printing format we now use. The purpose is to give our organization more notoriety and increase readers. A bid has been turned in from Weatherford Press and Larry Wright is checking with SWOSU print shop on their cost.
5e. Appraisal of Real Estate Located at 107 Rock Island- Board reviewed the appraisal completed by Corff Appraisal Services and agreed with said price. Board members agreed to offer the real estate for sale at said price. Interested buyers would deal directly with the Deer Creek Conservation District, Board of Directors.
5f. OACD State Meeting, February 24-26- DCCD Board Members, District Manager and District Cooperators will be attending the Annual State Conference. Members and cooperators will be involved in numerous activities such as General Sessions, Banquets, Youth Awards and workshops dealing with Soil Health to Biotic Farming Applications.
5g. Director Shirts and Name Tags- Members viewed dress shirts and heard about name tags that directors and cooperators would wear at OACD Conference.
5h. OACD Silent Auction items- Motion was made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller and carried; to purchase our silent auction items for the OACD Conference from Christine Harper past District Manager. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, O'Daniel and Frymire.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for January 2019 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and acounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for January 2019 and Mr. O'Daniel Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for January 2019 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr.Frymire, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, B. Miller,Wright and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of January 2019. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Frymire and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for January 2019 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, Frymire,B. Miller, Wright and O'Daniell.
8a. Members discussed what type of cover crops and grass seed should be kept in stock for district cooperators. Board members Mr. O'Daniel and Mr. Miller would research and present back to the board.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- Oklahoma Wildlife and Prairie Heritage Alliance, Annual Meeting and Conference at Roman Nose State Park 1/14/19, Oklahoma Association of Resource Conservation and Development Council meeting OKC 1/15/19, Teleconference-National Conservation Planning Partnership 1/18/19, OACD Leadership Class, Stillwater 1/23-24/19, DCCD Long Range Planning meeting 1/29/19, NACD and NCPP meetings, San Antonio, TX 2/1-8/19
N. Miller- DCCD LRP meeting 1/29/29
O'Daniel- DCCD LRP meeting 1/29/19
B. Miller- NACD meeting, San Antonio, TX 2/3-4/19
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of January 2019 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mrs. Miller, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; for adjournment. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright and O'Daniel
Next regular board meeting to be held is on March 12, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Jimmy Emmons, OACD Pres. Ken Hart, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for July 2018
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O’Daniel- Chairman Larry Bryen- District Manager
Larry Wright- Vice Chairman
Nathan Miller, Member
Tim Frymire, Member
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS
Marvin Lewis, NRCS