Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: August 13, 2019
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:02 a.m.-10:10 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O'Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m August 7, 2019 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford
2. Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during June 2019 (see attachment “A”). Mark introduced to the DCCD the new NRCS employees at the Clinton office Maria Gibson and Brandon Taylor.
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright and carried; to go into executive session at 8:15 with Mark Benton of NRCS to discuss EQIP applicants. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Taylor and carried; to approve applicants Deevers, Hacker, Van Dusen and to re-enter open session at 8:25. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for July 9, 2019 -Motion made by Mr. Wright, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve July 9, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for July 2019 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. DCCD Annual Report- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve the DCCD Annual Report. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5c. Blue Thumb Water Testing, Tuesday October 15- Board of Directors were made aware of DCCD annual water testing date and would need directors to help.
5d. Land Judging Contest, April 10- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to open up the Land Judging Contest April 10, 2020 to all schools where we would have a county only contest and invitational contest. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5e. Oklahoma Grazing Land Coalition, SWOSU January 15-17- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mrs. Miller and carried; that the DCCD would sponsor and help host a three day seminar at SWOSU Pioneer Cellular Event Center. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5f. DCCD Long Range Plan and Joint Annual Plan- DCCD Board of Directors were made aware that these plans were approved by the Oklahoma Conservation Commission.
5g. Poster, Essay and Speech Contest- Theme "Life in the Soil-Dig Deeper- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; that DCCD would keep the same awards for the poster contest in 2019. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5h. CD Rates- Board of Directors were brought up to date on CD interest and maturity dates.
5i. Insurance- Board instructed District Manager to also contact Burke Covey on insurance bid.
5j. State Funded Cost Share Program 2019 and 2020- Board was made aware of completion and funding dates for 2019 and 2020 State Funded Cost Share Recipients.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for July 2019 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and accounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for July 2019 and Mr. O'Daniel Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for July 2019 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of July 2019. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Taylor and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for July 2019 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
8a. Watershed Inspection- DCCD will be inspecting watershed lakes Sept. 12. Paul Hummel will be asked to be involved on Crowder Lake inspection with two board members and district manager. Other inspections will be done by two board members and district manager.
b. DCCD will be closed September 2-5
c. Pioneer Office Phone- Motion made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; for the DCCD upgrade their office phone through Pioneer Cellular. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
d. Watershed Emergency Action Plan- New emergency action plans for watershed 1, 2, and 3 were signed, and NRCS stated that DCCD would have two additional employees to help with watershed inspections.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- 7/12/19 Teleconference National Conservation Planning Partnership, 7/13/19 Farmers Market-Pollinator Display, 7/17/19 Teleconference District Operations and Member services, 7/19/19 Teleconference National Conservation Planning Partnership, 7/19/19 Teleconference Urban and Community Agriculture, Resource Policy Group, 7/21-7/23/19 South Central Regional Meeting, 7/30/19 Teleconference OACD, 7/31-8/6/19 NACD Summer Meeting Santa Fe, NM, 8/11-12/19 Oklahoma Association of Resource Conservation and Development Councils State Conference.
O'Daniel- 7/15/16/19 Speaker Auburn University, 8/1/19 Teleconference with Kim Barker about Oklahoma Grazing Lands Coalition Workshop Jan. 15-17/2020, 8/5/19 Met with Oklahoma Grazing Lands Coalition Committee at SWOSU.
Taylor- 7/21-22/19 South Central Regional Meeting.
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of July 2019 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to adjourn Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting at 10:10 a.m. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel
Next regular board meeting to be held is on September 10, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Larry Wright, OACD Pres. Matt Braun, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for June 2019
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O’Daniel- Chairman Larry Bryen- District Manager Larry Wright- Vice Chairman
Bertha Miller- Member
Nathan Miller- Member
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS
Marie Gibson NRCS
Brandon Taylor NRCS