Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: December 11,, 2018
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 10:52 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O’Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m December 5, 2018 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford
2. Marvin Lewis and Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist were unable to attend due to NRCS meetings, to give written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during November2018 (see attachment “A”) Therefor they were not able to give written report of technical assistance granted from the Clinton NRCS office to DCCD producers during November 2018 (see attachment “B”). Mr. Benton also introduced new NRCS Conservationist Mr. Marvin Lewis who will be in the Clinton office.
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans- none
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above –none
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for November 13, 2018 -Motion made by Mr. Frymire, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve November 13, 2018 minutes. Those voting ayes were: Wright, Frymire, B. Miller and O’Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for November 2018 was signed only by Shane O'Daniel Chairman and forwarded to Marvin Lewis and Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. Watershed Inspection Report- George Moore gave inspection updates on Cobb Creek 1,2 and 3 Watersheds. Mr. Moore had concerns with site 2 due to overgrazing on top and backside, gates left open and wildlife damage do to beaver trails over the dam. Motion was made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to have the board send a certified letter to property owner detailing the concerns with the Watershed Cobb Creek #2. Those voting ayes were N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright, Frymire and O'Daniel.
5c. Final State Funded Program 18' Report from OCC- Observation and discussion was held on final cost/share program whick was completed as of August 31, 2018. DCCD board looked at the practices applied for, money allocated and the roll over amount Area 4.
5d. Notice of Schedule of Regular Meetings for Calendar Year 2019- Motion was made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Frymire to leave meeting schedule the same as 2018, meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 am in the DCCD office. Those voting ayes were Wright, N. Miller, B. Miller, Frymire and O'Daniel.
5e. Purchase of Vegetable Seeds, Seed Potatoes and Onion Sets- Discussion was held on when seeds would be available to public.
5f. OACD Long Range Plan- Plans were made to start working on LRP in January, first by discussing ideas and studying the steps and criteria set forth by the OCC. Rough drafts will be due in May 2019.
5g. State Results OACD Poster Contest- OACD announced that BreeAnna Roseberry was the state winner in Division 13 of the poster contest. BreeAnna will receive her award at the OACD State Meeting in February.
5h. Open House
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for November 2018 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and acounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for November 2018 and Mr. O'Daniel Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for November 2018 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr.Frymire, seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, B. Miller,Wright and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of November 2018. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for November 2018 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, Frymire,B. Miller, Wright and O'Daniell.
8a. Bank of Ryan CD Rates- Motion was made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright to negotiate with the Bank of Ryan branch located in Weatherford on a $10,000.00 CD for 12 months. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, O'Daniel, Wright, N. Miller and B. Miller.
8b. No-Till Winter Conference Jan. 29-30, Wichita, KS- Motion was made by Mr. Frymire and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; for DCCD to pay registration and motel fees for DCCD board members wanting to attend the No-Till Winter Conference. Those voting ayes were: N. Miller, B. Miller, Frymire, O'Daniel and Wright.
8c. Mr. O'Daniel informed board members that someone had contacted him wanting to know if the DCCD would be interested in selling vacant lots. After discussion board decided to make this a agenda item at the next monthly meeting.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- National Conservation Planning Partnership Teleconference 12/7/18, OACD Board Meeting OKC 12/10/18
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of November 2018 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mr. Miller, seconded by Mrs. Miller, and carried; for adjournment. Those voting ayes were: Frymire, N. Miller, B. Miller, Wright and O'Daniel
Next regular board meeting to be held is on January 8, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Mike Shultz Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Jimmy Emmons, OACD Pres. Ken Hart, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for July 2018
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for July 2018
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O’Daniel- Chairman Larry Bryen- District Manager
Larry Wright- Vice Chairman
Nathan Miller, Member
Tim Frymire, Member
Agency Reps Present:
Doug Rose, CCCD District Mgr. /servicing & repair work on DCCD equipment
George Moore, OCC Watershed Technician