Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2019:
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 8, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
Most Recent Minutes
DEER CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: November 12, 2019
Place: 300 South Broadway - Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:00 a.m.-9:50 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Shane O'Daniel, Chairman, called the meeting to order. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 9:00 a.m November 6, 2019 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford.
2. Mark Benton, NRCS District Conservationist, gave written report of technical assistance granted from the Cordell NRCS office to DCCD producers during October 2019 (see attachment “A”).
3a. Executive Session 1 –Vote to go into Executive Session, Per Title 25 Section 307(B) (7) to discuss contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans-
b. Executive Session to Discuss and Review contracts, district agreement sheets, modifications, and/or conservation plans in item (3a.) above-
4. Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for October 8, 2019 -Motion made by Mr. Wright, seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve October 8, 2019 minutes. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5. District Operations- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following:
5a. NRCS Performance Worksheet- Performance worksheet for October 2019 was signed by Mark Benton of NRCS.
5b. State Funded (SHIWG) Cost Share '20- Board was brought up to date on the five cooperators who had been selected for the first SHIWG Cost Share Program.
5c. State Funded Cost Share Program '20- Board was informed that all 2020 State Funded Cost Share Programs were completed except for one cooperator.
5d. OACD Area Meeting Winners- District Manager praised DCCD Board on participation at Area IV Meeting. Breakdown of DCCD Award Winners 1) Bertha Miller awarded her 20 Year Pin, 2) Eric Eyster named Area IV Cooperator of the Year, 3) Received $500 Mini Pollinator grant, 4) Shane O'Daniel received 5 Year Certificate, 5) DCCD Board Member and OACD State President Larry Wright did a great job in Orchestrating Area Meeting. We also heard many positive remarks about our organizational shirts.
5e. Calendars and Pens- District Manager will get prices for different promotional items and report at December 10, DCCD Board Meeting.
5f. Scholarships for Oklahoma Grazing Lands Coalition Conference, January 15-17- Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; for DCCD cover the cost for District Directors to attend Oklahoma Grazing Lands Coalition Meetings January 15-17 at SWOSU. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5g. Land Judging Contest April 9, Outdoor Classroom April 30, 2020.
5h. DCCD opening up a one year director position to be filled by a Weatherford Chamber of Commerce Member- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Taylor, and carried; to offer the one year position to Haley Kliewer, Executive Director of Weatherford Chamber of Commerce. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
5i. 2020 Meeting Schedule- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Wright, and carried; to accept the presented 2020 Meeting Plan, of the second Tuesday of every month, starting at 8:00 am in the Deer Creek Conservation District office at 300 South Broadway, Weatherford, OK 73096. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND REVIEW OF ALLOCATION
6. Consideration of Possible Action on District Reimbursement Claim, Payments of Bills Owed by District, Financial Statements, Bank Statement Reconciliations, and Review of Allocation Register- Review of the financial statement for October 2019 was given, attached hereto as Exhibit "a", and the Allocation Register and accounts receivable and payable. Board reviewed allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for October 2019 and Mr. O'Daniel, Chairman, notes that the allocation register, bank reconciliations and financial statements for October 2019 are filed for audit. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Taylor and carried; to pay accounts payable and to sign claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
EMPLOYEE TIME AND LEAVE RECORD REVIEW
7. Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets and Leave Record for Month of October 2019. Motion made by Mr. Wright and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to approve Employee Time Sheets and Leave Records for October 2019 as presented by Larry Bryen. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
8a. Board Member Bertha Miller was presented a Letter of Citation from Governor Kevin Stitt and Rep. Harold Wright, recognizing her 20 Years of Serving as a DCCD Board Member.
8b. ASAP Outdoor Classroom T-Shirts- Board recommended that DCCD keep Logo from the 2019 Outdoor Classroom T-Shirt.
8c. Mounted Flat Screen TV for Meeting Room- Motion made by Mr. Miller and seconded by Mr. Taylor, and carried; for DCCD purchase TV, mounting bracket and other material for completion and not exceeding $700.00. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
8d. Sooner Technology- Permission was given to District Manager to let Sooner Technology work with us in updating and protecting computer system.
10a. Directors’ reports –
Wright- 10/10/19 OACD Meeting with Governor Stitt's staff on Flood Prevention, 10/11/19 Teleconference National Conservation Planning Partnership, 10/14/19 Oklahoma Wildlife and Prairie Heritage Alliance Meeting Hackberry Flats, 10/15/19 Oklahoma Resources Conservation and Development Councils Meeting OKC, 10/18/19 Teleconference Urban and Community Agriculture Resource Policy Group, 10/23-24/19 Noble Research Institute- "Road to Soil Health", 10/30/19 Present Poster Awards and Photo's art Area Schools, 10/31/19 Teleconference NACD South Central Region Board Meeting, 11/4/19 Oklahoma Conservation Commission Meeting OKC, 11/5/19 OACD Area II Meeting OKC, 11/7/19 OACD Area IV Meeting, Fort Cobb, 11/11/19 Grazing 101 Workshop DCCD.
Taylor- 11/11/19 Grazing 101 Workshop DCCD, 10/15/19 Blue Thumb Water Testing
O'Daniel- 10/23-24/19 Noble Research Institute, Mentor for "Road to Soil Health", 10/30/19 Present Poster Awards and Photo's at Area Schools, 11/7/19 OACD Area IV Meeting, Fort Cobb, 11/11/19 Grazing 101 Workshop, DCCD,
N. Miller- Oklahoma Agriculture Expo, 10/15/19 Blue Thumb Water Testing, 11/4/19 Present Poster Awards and Photo's at Thomas-Fay-Custer School, 11/7/19 OACD Area IV Meeting, Fort Cobb
B. Miller- 11/7/19 OACD Area IV Meeting, Fort Cobb
10b.Equipment Manager Report: -
10c. District Manager Report: Larry Bryen gave written report for the month of October 2019 (see attachment "C").
11. Public Comments: none
12. Motion made by Mrs. Miller and seconded by Mr. Miller, and carried; to adjourn Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting at 9:50 a.m. Those voting ayes were: B. Miller, N. Miller, Wright, Taylor and O'Daniel.
Next regular board meeting to be held is on December 10, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Harold Wright
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Bill Jordan, OACD Vice President
Larry Wright, OACD Pres. Matt Braun, OACD Area IV Director
Attachments: Financial Statement (Exhibit “a”)
Attachment “A” – Cordell NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “B” – Clinton NRCS Monthly Report for June 2019
Attachment “C” – DCCD Staff Monthly Report for June 2019
District Directors Present: District Staff Present: Associate Directors Present:
Shane O'Daniel Chairman Larry Bryen, District Manager
Larry Wright Sec/Treas
Keenen Taylor- Member
Bertha Miller- Member
Nathan Miller Vice Chairman
Agency Reps Present:
Mark Benton, NRCS
Brandon Taylor, NRCS