Deer Creek Conservation District board meetings are held at 8 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the district office.
Schedule of regular meetings for calendar year 2022:
- January 11, 2022
- February 8, 2022
- March 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022
- May 10, 2022
- June 14, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- August 9, 2022
- September 13, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- November 8, 2022
- December 13, 2022
Place: 300 South Broadway – Weatherford, OK.
Time: 8:00am – 9:03am
Members Present: Larry Wright
Members Absent: Kodi Fleming, Chairman
Others Present: Dylan Barker, District Manager
CALL TO ORDER
- Meeting was called to order with a quorum present by Vice Chairman Doug Misak. He noted this was a regular scheduled meeting, held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, Sections 301 and following, as amended. Notice of this scheduled meeting is on file with the Custer County Clerk’s office. The agenda for this meeting was posted at 5:46p.m. March 5, 2022 at the front entrance of the district office, 300 S. Broadway, Weatherford.
- Consideration of Approval/Disapproval of Minutes for February 8, 2022. Motion made by Wright seconded by Misak to approve February 8, 2022 Minutes. Motion carried with Misak, Wright, and Lohman voting aye.
- Proposed Executive Session – Consideration of and Possible Action to vote in open session:
- To enter executive session as authorized by Title 25 O.S. Section 307 (B)(7) of the open meeting act to review conservation plans for the following:
- Executive Session for purpose stated above in item A. No action taken
- Return to open session. Any action or motion related to the review of conservation plans. None
- Consideration of and Possible Action to approve Financial Statement, Bank Statement Reconciliation, District Reimbursement Claim, Payment of Bills Owed by District and Review of Allocation Register. Motion by Wright and seconded by Misak to file financial statement and reconciliation reports for audit and to pay accounts payable and to approve claims for reimbursement from the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. Motion carried with Misak, Wright, and Lohman voting aye.
- Consideration of and Possible Action on the Following District Operation items:
- Consideration of Cooperator Agreements of Melva Dickey, Kendall Terrel, and Byrant Eyster. Motion made by Wright and seconded by Lohman to approve Cooperator Agreements of applicants listed above. Motion passed with Misak, Wright, and Lohman voting aye.
- Outdoor Classroom- Board members discussed outdoor classroom details such as t-shirt orders, estimated amount of students that will attend, possible volunteers, and amount of volunteers/classes needed.
- Land Judging Contest- motion was made by Wright and seconded by Lohman to have Deer Creek Conservation District host the local land judging contest within the first two weeks in April of 2022. An exact date will be announced at a later time. Motion passed with Wright, Lohman, and Misak voting aye.
- Consideration to purchase Brig Pig Trap- Motion made by Wright and seconded by Lohman to draft an application for a grant for the district to obtain a Brig Pig Trap. Motion passed with Wright, Misak, and Lohman voting aye.
- Consideration to Purchase Salt/Garlic Blocks and Kansas Salt- No action taken
- Consideration for New Domain for District Website- Board directors discussed purchasing a new domain for the district website if we are not able to get logged back into the district website.
- Consideration of and Possible Action on District Employee Timesheets, Payroll worksheet and NRCS worksheet for February 2022. Motion was made by Wright and seconded by Lohman to approve the payroll worksheet and timesheet for February 2022. Motion carried with Wright, Misak, and Lohman voting aye.
- Proposed Executive Session — Consideration of and Possible Action to vote in open session:
- To enter executive session as authorized by Title 25 O.S. Section 307 (B)(1&3) of the open meeting act to discuss the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee; and to discuss the purchase or appraisal of real property; No action
- Executive Session for the purpose stated above in item A: No action
- Return to open session:
- New Business:
March 24, 2022 there will be a Agricultural Parade in Weatherford, OK. Motion was made by Lohman and seconded by Wright to have district manager Barker set up a booth representing Deer Creek, and for Barker to be paid with comp time accrued. Motion passed with Lohman, Wright, and Misak voting aye.
- Conservation Day at the Capital- April 7th, 2022 form 9:00a.m. – 12:00p.m.
- Directors’ reports
Wright reported that he has been busy with meetings. Wright attended a teleconference with the National Conservation Planning Partnership; Wright also attended several meeting in person. He attended a the OACD State Meeting at Edmond Convention Center. Wright also attended the Weatherford Farmers Market annual organization meeting at the Deer Creek district office.
Misak reported that the local producer that he has been working with to get EDA funding, has been fully funded.
Lohman reported that he has been busy working on implementing a hay bale garden, planting fruit trees, and repurposing used tractor tires into feeders.
- District Manager- Barker provided a written report.
- NRCS Report: Mark Benton provided a written report.
- Public Comments: none
- Motion made by Wright and seconded by Lohman to adjourn Deer Creek Conservation District Board of Directors Meeting at 9:03a.m. Motion carried with Misak, Wright, and Lohman voting aye.
Next regular board meeting to be held April 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. in the District Office.
CC – Oklahoma Cons. Commission Rep. Todd Russ Rep. Anthony Moore
Senator Brent Howard Senator Darcy Jech Joe Coughlin, OACD Vice President
Bill Jordan, OACD Pres. OACD Area IV Director